Name and contact information of the entity responsible for data processing and the company’s data protection officer
This privacy statement applies to the processing of data by:
Karl Kaldenberg GmbH & Co.KG
Schopshofer Weg 28
Phone +49 (0) 20 56 - 9 33 30
Fax +49 (0) 20 56 - 2 10 69
The data protection officer of Karl Kaldenberg GmbH & Co.KG can be contacted at the address above or at datenschutz[at]kaldenberg.net.
Collection and storage of personal data and type and purpose of use of such data
When you visit this website
When you access our website at www.karlkaldenberg.de, the browser on your device automatically sends information to our website server. This information is saved temporarily in a log file. Without you being involved actively, the following information is collected and stored and later erased automatically:
- the IP address of the computer you are using;
- the date and time the server sends the inquiry;
- the name and URL of the file you access;
- the website from which the system you are using accesses our website (referrer URL); and
- the type of browser you are using and, if applicable, your computer’s operating system and the name of your access service provider.
We process this data:
- to ensure seamless connection to our website;
- to ensure convenient use of our website;
- to analyze the security and stability of the system; and
- to pursue other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for such data processing is Art. 6 (1) p. 1 f) of the Datenschutzgrundverordnung (DSGVO, or General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”). Our legitimate interest is based on the aforementioned data collection purposes. Under no circumstances will any of the data collected be associated with you personally. We do not save any cookies or use any analysis services in connection with users who visit our website.
When using our contact form
If you have any questions, you are free to contact us using the form provided on our website. When completing the form, please indicate your first and last name, the name of your company, and a valid telephone number. This information must be provided so we know who sent the inquiry and are able to respond. You are free to provide any other information on a voluntary basis, for example, your business address (street, number, postal code and city) and a valid e-mail address.
The processing of the data you provide for contact purposes is based on Art. 6 (1) p. 1 a) of the GDPR and on the consent you give voluntarily. The personal data we collect in connection with the use of our contact form will be erased automatically when your inquiry has been processed.
Sharing of data
We will not share your personal data with third parties for any purposes other than the ones listed below. We will not share your personal data with third parties unless:
- it is with your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 a) of the GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 f) of the GDPR such sharing is necessary to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest in your data not being shared, which overriding legitimate interest is worth protecting;
- Art. 6 (1) p. 1 c) of the GDPR constitutes a legal obligation for us to share your data; and/or
- the sharing of data is lawful and pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 b) of the GDPR is required to manage contractual relationships which you have entered into.
You have the following rights:
- pursuant to Art. 15 of the GDPR: the right to obtain information about what personal data of yours we process including, but not limited to, the purposes of such processing, the category of personal data we process, the categories of recipients with whom we have shared or will share such data, the period of time for which we plan to store such data, your right to rectify, erase, restrict, or object to our processing of such data as well as information about your right to lodge a complaint, your right to information regarding the origin of your data if and when it was not collected by us, and your right to information regarding the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, relevant details thereof;
- pursuant to Art. 16 of the GDPR: the right to request rectification without undue delay if any of your data is incorrect and the right to complete any incomplete personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 of the GDPR: the right to request deletion of your personal data stored by us unless processing such data is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 of the GDPR: the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if and when the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of such data and we no longer need the data but you need the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or you have objected to the data being processed pursuant to Art. 21 of the GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 of the GDPR: the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 7 (3) of the GDPR: the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Such withdrawal will result in us no longer being able to process your data based on such consent in the future; and
- pursuant to Art. 77 of the GDPR: the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, generally a supervisory authority at your habitual residence or place of work or in the city where our registered office is located.
Right to object
If and when your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 f) of the GDPR, pursuant to Art. 21 of the GDPR you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or if such objection is to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object which right we will grant without requiring information on your particular situation. To exercise your right to revoke or object, please write to us at datenschutz[at]kaldenberg.net.
For your visit to our website, we use the commonly used the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) process in connection with the highest encoding level supported by your browser, typically 256 bit encoding. If your browser does not support 256 bit encoding, we will use 128 bit v3 technology. The closed-key symbol or lock symbol in the bottom status bar of your browser tells you whether or not individual pages of our website are encoded for transmission. In addition, we take reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against inadvertent or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction and/or unauthorized third-party access. Our security measures are enhanced continuously in line with technological developments.
Topicality and amendments to this privacy statement
This privacy statement is dated May 2018 and applies until further notice. Development of our website and our offerings or changes to legal or governmental provisions may result in the necessity to amend this privacy statement. You can view and/or print the applicable version of this privacy statement at any time at www.karlkaldenberg.de/en/privacy-statement.html.